Interesting, I know. I just wanted to drop this tidbit of info in case anyone else had the same problem. All of the sudden, our Littermaid just kept on going sort of like the energizer bunny. It kept going and going and going. Nothing was in it but it continued to go back and forth again and a again. I tried turning it off and back on but no luck. It kept doing the same thing. Finally I shut it off until I had a chance to take a look at it.
This afternoon, I got out my trusty toolbox and unlatched the motorized part of the Littermaid from the litter tray itself. Upon close examination, I found that the part that comes along and sweeps the litter into the collection tray was crooked. Apparently the gear on one side or the other jumped a notch or two. So all I had to do was carefully line the sweeper up so that it was perpendicular to the sides of the Littermaid. I plugged it in, turned it on, and watched as it slowly crept forward and then back to the home position. Success! It stopped after one sweep.
Here’s a couple of more tips if your Littermaid is not working correctly.
1. Make sure there isn’t a kitty surprise buried in the litter that is stopping the sweeper from completing a complete cycle from the home position, to the waste receptacle and back to the home position.
2. Clean the track that the sweeper uses making sure litter isn’t built up in it.
3. Some problems can be fixed by turning the Littermaid off and back on. Once you do this it should sweep the litterbox to make sure there is nothing in it.
4. Don’t get angry and throw the thing out. The Littermaid is a touch tool. It has saved us a lot of time and stinkiness.
5. Contact me if you have a question. I might be able to help!
6. Visit our pet supply store, Bratcher Pet Supply. Sorry, that is a shameless plug. But if you are a cat owner, we have some cool stuff for you, so take a look.